Apple iOS 10.2 Released: What’s New in the Update?
Yesterday, 12th December, 2016, Apple has released iOS 10.2 to the general public. Earlier, Apple launched an iOS update was on 31st October, 2016 with iOS 10.1.1. On that same day, Apple released the developer preview of iOS 10.2.
This update iOS 10.2 has many major features and many bug fix. Apple users can install Apple iOS 10.2 by connecting your device to iTunes or downloading it by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
The apple iOS 10.2 update is available for the following devices:
- IPhone 5
- IPad 4th generation
- IPod touch 6th generation
You can personalize the SOS settings under this update. Like how many times you will have to press the Power button to make the Emergency SOS call, whether to sound a countdown for that or not, etc.
For example, by pressing the power button rapidly, a phone call to 112 will be made. India will adopt 112 as the new single emergency number starting 1st January, 2017.
What’s New in the Update?
Apple iOS 10.2 introduces new features that includes the TV app (US Only), a new and unified experience for accessing your TV shows and movies across multiple video apps.
Emoji have been beautifully redesigned to reveal even more detail and over 100 new emoji have been added including new faces, food, animals, sports, and professions. This update also includes stability improvements and bug fixes.
New TV App:
- Use Up Next to see the movies and shows you’re currently watching and pick up where you left off
- Get references for new movies and TV shows in Watch Now
- Discover new apps and the latest iTunes releases in the apple Store
- You can access the Library for your iTunes purchases and payments
- Beautifully redesigned emoji that expose even more detail
- Over 100 new emoji that includes new faces, food, animals, sports, and professions
- This update improves stabilization and delivers faster frame rate for Live Photos
- It also improves accuracy of groupings of similar photos of the same person in the People album
- Fixes an issue where Memories might generate a memory from photos of screenshots, whiteboards or receipts
- Fixes an issue where the camera would stay zoomed in after switching back from the Camera Roll on iPhone 7 Plus
- Extra support for RAW digital cameras
- It adds new love and celebration full screen effects in Messages
- Fixes an issue that sometimes stopped the keyboard from displaying in Messages
- New feature, Swipe up the Now Playing screen to more easily access Shuffle, Repeat and Up Next
- You can also choose how to sort Playlists, Albums, and Songs in Library